10th June 2012
Post with 17 notes
What do you wear?
a Ritual, Worship, and Spellwork Survey
There has been some conversation on multiple platforms about the idea of fashion choices in religion and ritual today… so I thought I’d cook up a little survey thing for people.
Feel free to answer either by text or by voice according to your preference. (Obviously). If you are not religious, simply answer in regard whatever path you do follow… ditto if you are not a witch… you get the idea. This could be a fun discussion, if we can skip the arguing over labels part.
- What are your preferences for ritual wear?
- Is there a difference between dressing for worship and dressing for witchcraft?
- Do you feel that you must dress to please the Gods? Or that the Gods could be offended by what you wear?
- Are there rules or guidelines of your religion or path that dictate what you wear?
- Do you ever perform ritual, worship or perform spellwork naked?
- Do you feel that a certain style of dress brings you closer to the Gods?
- If you practice witchcraft or any other non religious path, do you feel that a certain style of dress augments or limits your abilities?
- Are there particular colors that you prefer to wear for ritual? Are there any colors that you never wear in ritual? Why?
- Do you ever veil for ritual, worship, or spellwork? Why? What’s your preferred style?
- Do you ever use cosmetics or body paints for ritual, worship, or witchcraft?
- Do you have rules about jewelry or other wearable sacred objects for ritual, worship, or spellwork? How do they differ?
- Is there anything that you feel is taboo to wear in ritual, worship, or spellwork? Why?